Japanese name – Reishi or Mannetake (Mushroom of Immortality)
Chinese name – Ling Zhi (Spirit Mushroom)
The Reishi mushroom has been mentioned in Chinese texts from the Han dynasty, about 2,000 years ago. It has also been depicted in ancient paintings, carvings, and pieces of furniture giving it the distinction of the oldest written record of any other medicinal mushroom.
Reishi mushroom is one of the most highly prized botanicals of Chinese herbalism. Traditionally it was used as a general tonifier for preserving health and promoting longevity, as well as for promoting mental well-being. It was also believed to have the ability to strengthen heart function, increase energy, and boost memory capability.
Many believed the mushroom prolonged life and prevented ageing. However, because of how difficult it was to find and harvest in the wild, it was quite expensive. Pharaohs, nobles, and Chinese royalty were typically the only ones who could afford it.
The rich history of Reishi use combined with modern studies, provides a strong case for the medicinal benefits of the mushroom.
Reishi wide-ranging health benefits are given by its combination of high polysaccharide content and triterpenoid compounds.
Main Therapeutic Applications:
- Liver support
- Cancer (especially breast and liver)
Depending on what you plan to use the mushroom for, the effectiveness of it may vary.
Together with Cordyceps, Reishi has the most extensive range of indications and combines well with it in treatment of lung and liver conditions, as well as to provide all-round adaptogenic support.
The mushroom also has high nutritional value, being low calorie and high protein, it contains a high amount of fibres, amino acids and a high proportion of healthy fatty acids.
- We are not making any medical claims, but instead offering our best version of a full-spectrum extract that is handmade by us, using traditional methods and our own produced mushrooms.
- We are not a medicinal herbalist or a medical professional. These products are not meant to be used to diagnose, treat, prescribe, prevent or cure any disease or to administer in any manner to any physical ailments and are not intended as a substitute for the medical advice of a trained health professional. I cannot be held liable for the decisions and choices you make and/or the outcome of those decisions and choices. You are encouraged to do your own research and consult your heath care professional before treating yourself or anyone else.
- Do not use herbal products of any kind if you are nursing, pregnant, taking medications or undergoing treatment for any medical condition without first consulting your health care professional.
- Do not undertake any self-treatment while undergoing a prescribed course of medical treatment without first seeking professional advice.
- These products and statements have not been approved or evaluated by the MHRA or any other board of administration.